More ways to be inspired and keep motivated!
This page will always be a work in progress. As I find new resources I will add them so check back every so often to see what’s new!
Food & Nutrition
- Dirty Dozen / Clean Fifteen – a helpful guide for choosing between organic and conventional produce
- Nutritional Comparison of Common Nuts & Seeds Printable reference sheet with calorie, fat, fiber, and protein information.
- Weightless, Making Peace with Your Body by Kate Wicker
- French Kids Eat Everything: How Our Family Moved to France, Cured Picky Eating, Banned Snacking, and Discovered 10 Simple Rules for Raising Happy, Healthy Eaters by Karen le Billon
These are books in my own library. I endorse them because I like them and receive nothing in return.
- Cooking Light Superfast Suppers – Speedy Solutions for Dinner Dilemmas by Anne C. Cain The title pretty much says it all!
- Cook’s Kitchen Handbook & 500 Basic Recipes Consultant Editor Carole Clements Every kitchen needs a good go to guide to remind you how to roast a chicken, make a streusel topping, or make Buckwheat Blinis with Marinated Salmon (pg. 276) this just happens to be the one I use.
- Feeding the Whole Family: Recipes for Babies, Young Children and their Parents by Cynthia Lair This is the first cookbook I sat and read. There is a ton of practical information in easy to understand language.
- Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook – Over 500 recipes for the healthy cook’s kitchen
- allrecipes.com – If you have an ingredient and you don’t know what to do with it, this is a great place to be inspired! Many recipes are user submitted and have great comments on ways to tweak them. Bonus – nutritional information is listed on some recipes.
- BMI Calculator – National Heart Lung and Blood Institute & US Department of Health and Human Services
- seriouseats.com how to beat egg whites for meringues and souffles – This is a great basic skill that took me seven attempts to get right!
- Spark Recipes, Recipe Calculator – Allows a user to calculate the nutritional information per serving of any recipe. Anyone can use it but registered users have more options on the site. This is where the nutritional information published on Our Lady of Second Helpings is generated.
Links go to The Internet Movie Database (IMDB)
Skinny Taste – www.skinnytaste.com
Simply Recipes – www.simplyrecipes.com
Gluten Free Girl – www.glutenfreegirl.com
The Shiksa in the Kitchen – www.theshiksa.com
Healthy Aperture – www.healthyaperture.com
More Local Bloggers Cooking up Wholesome Foods
Blue Kale Road – www.bluekaleroad.com
Emmy Cooks – www.emmycooks.com
PepperLynn – www.pepperlynn.com
Savory Sweet Life – www.savorysweetlife.com
The Family Feed – www.thefamilyfeed.com
Modern Alternative Kitchen – www.modernalternativekitchen.com
The Rowdy Chowgirl – www.rowdychowgirl.com
Nutritious Eats – www.nutritiouseats.com
Snacking in the Kitchen – www.snackinginthekitchen.com
Wholesome Home Tips and Recipes
Lightly Crunchy – lightlycrunchy.wordpress.com
Karen le Billion – www.karenlebillon.com
Fed up with Lunch – www.fedupwithlunch.com
Food and Fitness
One Fit Foodie – www.onefitfoodie.com
Nourished Fitness – www.nourishedfitness.com
Food, Fitness, Vegan
Oh She Glows – www.ohsheglows.com
Sheryl Yvette – www.sherylyvette.com
Our Lady of Second Helpings by Rose McAvoy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.