After a week of posting breakfast recipes I inspired myself to combine all the ideas into one creation!
Low Fat Banana Berry Bread
This was one of my baking “experiments.” The flavor rocked my socks but the texture came out gooey in the middle. Makes 1 dozen 2 servings
- Mash together – 2 medium ripe bananas, 1/2 c. plain yogurt, 1 c. cooked oats, 3/4 c. buttermilk, 1 large egg, 1 TB veg. oil, 1 t. vanilla
- Whisk together – 1 c. wheat flour, 1/2 c. coconut sugar, 1/4 c. brown sugar, 1 1/2 t. baking powder, 1/2 t. baking soda, 1/2 t. salt, 1 t. cinnamon, 1/2 t. nutmeg
- Fold dry into wet and gently add 1+ c. blackberries, 1/2+ c. blueberries
- Bake at 350 in muffin pan for 30 ish mins. for loaf-lettes or 2 loaf pans for 40+ minutes. Let the outside get a little crusty. The inside will stay dense and sticky.
- Cool in the pan for a couple of minutes and then at least 10 minutes longer out of the pan. The texture will firm up a bit as it cools.
Approximate Nutritional Info per Serving: 138 calories, 1 g. fat, 32 g. carb, 3.5 g. fiber, 4 g. protein, PP = 4